Why this recipe? How is it green? How am I contributing to making this earth green by following four steps or less recipes?
Using microwave and stove cooking in place of oven cooking for this recipe will take less than 10 minutes in all whereas it will take 20-30 minutes otherwise.
This recipe saves you : more than 70% of fuel energy and 20 minutes of your precious time that is about 16 to 20% of the total time you spend in kitchen on an average (assuming you spend a total of 2-3 hours in a day in the kitchen)
Allows you to explore your creative side. Add any nuts, herbs and spices or no spices as you like.
COOKING TIME- 8-10 minutes
200 grams Almonds
200 grams Cashews
200 grams Pistachos
1/4 glass of water
1 table spoon melted butter or oil
1 teaspoon salt
2teaspoon red chilli powder
2 teaspoon all spice -garam masala powder
1. Mix all nuts together in a microwaveable plate and put it in microwave for a total of 2-3 minutes moving it every minute.
2. Move all nuts into a pan with heated butter or oil. Add salt, spices and water. Cover the Lid.
3. Move nuts in 2-3 minutes once, replace the lid. After 5 minutes remove the lid and sauté for another 2 minutes with lid removed.
1. Be creative and add other nuts or spices or herbs that you like.
2. Crushed dry mint tastes very good on nuts.
3. Try using Maple syrup or fresh orange juice instead of water. It will give a distinct flavour to the nuts and very few people will be able to find out the secret behind the unique flavour.